In this exhibition, the Hospital Museum presents a unique selection of Dymphna portraits and images. From exceptional fifteenth century prints via contemporary interpretations to the vanished panel of van der Weyden.
Madness is central to Dymphna’s life story. His daughter’s beauty drives the king to the edge. Yet Dymphna triumphs: she gets a place in the gallery of saints and is immortalised in the visual arts. The exhibition shows that Dymphna’s image inspires and evolves along with the rise of the cult of Dymphna. A wonderful addition to the exhibition ‘Mad about Dymphna’ in the Church of St Dymphna.
- From 1 April 2022 to 31 August 2022
- Tuesday to Sunday, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Entry: standard €6; discounted rates; free with museum pass.
- Guided tours for groups, by appointment, always in combination with ‘Mad about Dymphna’
- Children’s workshop available