The monumental Dymphna altarpiece by Goossen van der Weyden (1505) is coming to Geel thanks to this international exhibition by The Phoebus Foundation.
You will discover the secrets behind the layers of paint and get to know the extraordinary world of van der Weyden.
The Phoebus Foundation subjected the panels to an extensive restoration project lasting more than 3 years. The end result is stunning, as are the discoveries made in the process.
The exhibition tells you about earlier layers, colour differences and van der Weyden’s master hand. Recommended in combination with a visit to ‘Dymphna Depicted’ in the Hospital Museum.
- Entry: free
- Guided tour for groups, by reservation, always in combination with ‘Dymphna Depicted’ €3 per person + €50 per guide
Can you help with the largest exhibition in Geel?
‘Mad about Dymphna’ will run from 1 April 2022 to 31 August 2022, on Tuesdays to Sundays from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
What are we looking for?
- Desk staff: scanning tickets
- Audio guide distributors
- Museum shop sellers
- Information officers: answer questions about waiting times, the route of the exhibition, etc.
- Attendants: starting up the introductory film and guiding people to the film room
What do we offer?
- €30 for a full day and €15 for half a day
- But above all, a fantastic experience to be part of a world-class exhibition